Sunday, 18 April 2010

Last term of 2nd year.

How scary. This project is shorter than the last, having only about 5 weeks now to complete it. With this in mind, carrying on a similar theme is a wise idea to me. I'm going to be looking at curiosites and collections, focusing on bones, coral and horns. I also intend to introduce embroidery to my work. It's been a while since I've picked up a needle and thread so we'll see how that goes.


Remembering to update this is challenging. But I've come to the end of the last project (and the start of the next) so I thought I'd catch up and show some things that I ended up with last term.

Saturday, 6 February 2010

A slight change of direction.

If not a major one.
So only a meer week into this project and a near breakdown, I decided to change its direction before it was too late to turn it around. By thinking back to previous projects, and what I have enjoyed and found sucessful so far, I wanted to further explore the theme of natural history. After a trip to the castle (one of my favourite places to unwind in Norwich) I began to generate ideas and feel much more comfortable in my practice. We are only halfway through and already I have near to the total amount I handed in for the last project. It's Saturday night and I've stayed in doing work and have actually enjoyed it. That has to be saying something.

Saturday, 9 January 2010

From the word go...

Ok so now Christmas is over and it's a brand spanking new year I have no excuse not to throw myself into this new project. I'm basing it on shadow and light, negetive spaces and anything else I fancy doing at the time. Yes, broad, I know, but I'm hoping I'll pull it together somehow. Our class will be entering the Bradford Textile Society project this term also which is very exciting. Well then, no time for procrastinating, best get cracking.